Amberhawk Associates are experts in the following legislation.
- Data Protection and Privacy in Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR)
- Freedom of Information and Environmental Information Regulations (FOI/EIR)
- Changes introduced via any new Data Protection Regulation or Directive
- Access to Health Records Act/Medical Reports Act
- Provisions in other laws or relevant Codes of Practice that relate to the collection, use, retention and disclosure of information (e.g. Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act (RIPA), Health, Education, Social Care, Telecommunications, Marketing, Distance Selling, Social Security and Financial Services etc)
- Penalties associated with all the above and in the Computer Misuse Act or in common law
- Any devolved equivalent (e.g. Scottish FOISA, RIPSA, EIRSA) or minor variation on the Westminster Parliament law (e.g. Channel Islands or Isle of Man Data Protection laws)
- Article 8 (private and family life) and Article 10 (freedom of speech) of the Human Rights Act
Our expertise covers the following sectors
- Education: Colleges of Education, Schools (e.g. maintained, non-maintained, Academies, Independent schools and nurseries) and Universities
- Finance: Banks, Building Societies, Insurance, Credit Referencing and Debt Collection
- Health: GP Practices, Hospitals, NHS Trusts and Commissioning Bodies
- Public sector: Armed Forces, Central Government and Departmental Agencies, Local Authorities, Police Forces and Research Councils
- Private sector: Construction, Direct Marketing, Manufacturing. Pharmaceuticals, Public Utilities, Research Bodies, Retail, Security Industry and Telecommunications
- Other: Charities, Housing Associations and ALMOs.
Click the Services and Briefings Brochures buttons to find our more.